Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hip Hop Is Dead

In real life maybe....but not at our reception! If you are lucky enough to be able to attend our bumpin' party, expect to hear some booty shaking, soul quaking, and earth shattering beats. As mentioned in previous posts, my family likes to party. They are not the crazy, insane, get drunk of your ass and pass out kind of party animal. But young and old - they just like get down. This usually makes me quite happy because I get to join in the raucous fun. It doesn't matter whose party we're at, we always manage to have an awesome time. However, this is slightly worrisome for my wedding because I worry they may be dance floor hogs. Seriously. They don't even notice that they're doing it. So here's a tip - if you're at the party and want to dance...just elbow your way in. Trust me, it's fine. They won't even notice and will be happy you joined them :)

At any party, it's the music that makes it or breaks it. Fortunately, we have hired a pretty good DJ to oversee this. I've been to a few functions they've worked and I was quite impressed, so I am not too worried about this aspect of the party. However, being the democratic kinda gal that I am, I thought I would open the floor to suggestions :) If there are any songs that you think that the DJ absolutely must play, leave it in the comments below. They have asked me for a list of must plays and I will pass along your suggestions as well. I find this to be a better system than people harassing the DJ at the party :)

Grick and I have also been going over the various elements of the wedding and picking the appropriate music to for them - entrance, first dance, slideshow etc. I think that we have made some great choices; however to keep some of the suspense, I don't think I will post them here. You will just have to attend to hear our "soundtrack." Incidentally, Tank, who helped us out with some of the choices, summed them up perfectly:

"... it's a good eclectic mix that captures the mood of each unit and comes together to form a beautiful musical whole..."

I didn't know lawyers could be such wordsmiths! :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Well, we can start with Tigerstyle. Nachna onda nei.. then sexy bitch... mithey ganney (sweet sugar cane) i have tons more... i just need to think into more depth to make a complete list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mithey ganney is good pick. Forgot about that. Send the list...:)

    ReplyDelete