Sunday, October 25, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

Grick here. I've never been to a Sikh wedding; mine will be my first. So there's lots for me to do to prep for the big day. Not only do I need to figure out what to do, and when, I also need to figure out how to wear a turban. Obviously, I don't know how to tie one, but thankfully one of Snoopy's cousin-in-laws has graciously volunteered to help me out on the big day.

I'm told that wearing a turban without a beard looks weird. I've never had a beard, so I'm practicing growing one right now. I'm on week 2 without shaving and I think I look weird. It's itchy, unruly, uncomfortable, and my mom thinks I look slimy. But at least now I know I can grow one. Score one for me and hair follicles everywhere!

I'm not going to post pictures, you all will just have to wait for the big day to see me, unless you can catch me in the next week. I'm going to shave it off before Snoopy leaves for India, and not shave until she gets back...playoff beard style :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, so YOU'RE the slimy guy roaming the halls at work :P

    ReplyDelete